Sensitive Fixation Tape
Skin-friendly fixation tape
Provides secure but gentle adhesion for dressings, wound pads, compresses and medical equipment
- Skin-friendly adhesion
- Comfortable to wear
Elastoplast Sensitive Fixation Tape
There’s no need for scissors, simply hand-tear.
Skin compatibility dermatologically approved.*
How to Use
Important: A minor wound will soon stop bleeding. If it continues, apply more gauze pads, keep pressure on the wound and seek medical advice.
Sensitive Fixation Tape
|5m x 2,5cm||1 Piece|
- 1. How often should I change the fixation?
- Fixation tapes are used for fixation of a wound pad or dressing. Usually, it is recommended to change the wound dressing daily for hygiene reasons.
- 2. Is it better to let small wounds dry at the fresh air instead of putting on a bandage?
- It is one of the wound care myths that keeping minor cuts and grazes uncovered and let air to them helps them to heal faster. The contrary is true! Research shows that covered wounds heal more efficiently and have a reduced risk of infection. Elastoplast products provide protection until the wound is completely healed.
- 3. When should I consult a doctor?
We recommend contacting a medical professional under the following circumstances:
- if the wound is deep and causing major bleeding
- if the wound shows signs of infection such as redness, warmth, pain and swelling
- if there are embedded foreign objects in it
- in case of animal or human bites
- if the wound is in the area of the face
- if there is insufficient tetanus vaccination
- and of course always when you have questions or are uncertain.
- 4. What if my wound gets infected and suppurates?
- You should contact a medical professional if you recognize signs of infection. This is not only the occurrence of pus but also swelling, redness, heat, pain, itching or burning. In case of infection the wound will need medical care and special medical treatment.
- 5. How can I cushion the wounds?
- You can use Elastoplast sterile compress to cushion your wounds. Sterile compresses like this are recommended by WHO and Red Cross for home first aid kits. This sterile compress made of soft and pure cotton protects large wounds such as cuts, grazes, burns, and lacerations.
For further information, please contact us via email at Elastoplast@Beiersdorf.com