Elastoplast Knee Strap is designed to help relieve symptoms of Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome and tendonitis of the knee. The built-in pressure strip provides targeted support to the tendons below the kneecap to guide the kneecap correctly during movement and relieve the associated knee pain.
- Adjustable strap for secure custom fit
- Soft-touch, moisture releasing material for comfort
How to Use
What are the most common sports injuries?There are five common sporting injuries:
1. Excessive strains
A strain to the muscle or tendon can happen when the muscle is over stretched or excessively worked. This can cause the muscle to swell or fibres to rupture as in a torn hamstring. It may be painful and difficult to move or walk. Strains usually take one to six weeks to heal.
2. BruisesA direct blow to the muscle tissue can result in bruising or cuts such as in a corked thigh.
3. Tendonitis (inflammation of the tendon)This can happen after excessive overuse. Often this is due to poor equipment or preparation, such as in tennis elbow.
4. DislocationThis happens when a joint is injured and one or more bones are displaced from their normal position such as a disclocated finger or shoulder.
5. SprainsThis is an injury to a ligament and is caused by a sudden overstretching such as in a sprained ankle. It may be painful and difficult to move or walk.
How do I manage a serious injury?Serious injuries, such as head, neck and abdominal injuries, need to be managed by a professional and calling an ambulance will normally be the first priority. Relevant First Aid or Medical training is required before a person can safely offer help in life-threatening injuries.